"Aspiring Pharmacist" Scholarship Program
We are pleased to announce our 2014 Aspiring Pharmacist Scholarship Recipient.
We are proud to announce our inaugural "Aspiring Pharmacist" Scholarship Program. Our goal for this program is twofold:
- To promote pharmacology as a career path for young people.
- To encourage aspiring pharmacists to research and understand what a career in pharmacy requires.
Background: As a site geared towards pharmacy technician careers, we receive numerous emails from existing pharmacy technicians as well as other young people aspiring towards careers in pharmacy, each inquiring about "how to become a pharmacist". This scholarship is our way of helping to promote pharmacology as a career path for young people.
Scholarships will be awarded to a high school senior who:
- Intends to pursue pharmacy at an accredited post-secondary school or college.
- Has a demonstrable record of academic success.
- Has a passion and drive for a career in pharmacology.
- Scholarships may be used at any accredited post-secondary school or college.
- Selection is based on the student's high school academic performance combined with the student's application essay.
- Selection is determined by the PharmacyTechnicianReview.com staff.
- Scholarship is a one-year non-renewable scholarship.
- Application and essay are submitted online at www.PharmacyTechnicianReview.com.
- A single $1000 scholarship will be awarded.
The scholarship is limited to high school seniors in the US pursuing pharmacy or pharmacology related programs at an accredited post-secondary school or college.
There are two steps to the application process:
Step 1: Applicants must submit an application via the scholarship application form on PharmacyTechnicianReview.com.
Step 2: Applicants must submit an original 500-1000 word original essay on the following topic:
Why is pharmacology important?
Essay is submitted via our scholarship application page and MUST include your name and contact information (so we know whose application goes with which essay!).
Deadline for applications is June 1, 2014. Scholarship winners will be announced in July 2014 and the scholarships paid in August, 2014.
Rules, Terms, and Conditions
- PTR reserves the right to reject any scholarship application for any reason at its sole discretion.
- All essays will be subject to review for plagiarism and/or fraud.
- Once submitted, essays become the full property of PharmacyTechnicianReview.com.
- PharmacyTechnicianReview.com reserves the right to publicly announce/promote scholarship winners on its web site and in related press releases and media outlets.
- Scholarship winners must provide proof of college/school acceptance and GPA before scholarship funds will be disbursed.
- Students who submit scholarship applications will not be marketed to by PharmacyTechnicianReview.com in any way nor will their names or contact information be sold to third parties.